Tuesday 1 November 2011

Blogging- A Subculture Demystified

Think an inexpensive means to convey your thoughts both economically and efficiently. One where through the tenuous threads of the world wide web, individuals can collaborate, comment and criticise some of the most anecdotal of statements to some of the most pedantically constructed papers. Blogging is more than a Subculture occupied by individuals that have a passion for information technology, rather a medium indiscriminate of the geographical location or quality of the intellectual rigor. Personally, I have observed blogging a limitless force in which its potential is often overlooked. Through the publishing of articles, critiquing of recent articles and criticism or commendation of current works, blogging is at the forefront of information and communication. On a weekly basis, my role as a blogger stems from my passion to provoke, enlighten and challenge the viewer. To evoke sensations of discovery and pleasure through literature. The production of articles seems the minimal responsibility of a frequent blogger, for their time is invested and centered in thought and interrogation. 'How will my audience interpret my work?'; 'What criticisms may arise?' and 'Am I making a logical and intelligent stance?' are just some of the wealth of questions that inevitably arise in the mind of the blogger. He or She has a personal role to fulfil, specific to their blog and their posts. In conjunction with this, the audience has a role to bring into completion, that is to analyse critically the very notions expressed in the blog and to make judgments based on the quality of the posts and their author. Unfortunately, a large proportion of my posts have been exposed to painstaking thought and experimentation, having fulfiled my role, the audience remains to fill the gaps. Frequently, I receive commendation and praise from my readers, but hardly make any recommendations or comments on how the article may be improved or what logical errors or fallacies I may have made obliviously or knowingly. Moreover, their seems a large proportion of my readers and audience that produce their own blogs to compete with mine, fortunately they haven't made any substantial progress! I would have great pleasure in seeing my followers criticise and comment analytically and post articles that refute my claims. Because a facet of human nature is to object, to refute and to criticise. To rebell and take up arms. Unfortunately, such 'human nature' is not exhibited by the members of my blog and I would like to see more criticism being propagated surrounding my articles. On the flip side, on an international level I have received some positive reception with individuals stretching from as far as the United States, Germany and Indonesia being inspired by my motivational wisdom. Blogging has its rewards both intellectually and socially, its resources produce intellectual superpowers and motivate individuals to ponder further than ever. A subculture of which its capacity breeds generation of scholarly personalities from the simplest of issues and conundrums.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete